Committees & Councils
RTG’s Committees and Councils include those listed below. To participate on a Committee or Council contact RTG’s Executive Director, Tanya Sullivan.
Public Policy Committee
The Public Policy Committee is tasked with assessing the impact of legislative and regulatory policy developments that stand to affect the operations of small, rural wireless carriers. This committee helps shape the association’s legislative and regulatory agendas and public policy initiatives in order to better serve the associations’ members.
- Steven D. Lysne, SRT Communications
- Brian Woody, Union Wireless
- Bill Wade, Mid-Rivers Cellular
- Shawn Hanson, PTCI
- Doug Eidahl, Vantage Point Solutions
- Michael Theis, Theis Communications Consulting, LLC
- Mike Kilgore, Nemont
- Lynn Merrill, Monte R. Lee & Company
The Education Committee guides the association in assessing its members’ educational needs. The committee provides educational programming and resource recommendations to RTG’s members.
- David Dengel, Copper Valley Wireless
- Mehran Nazari, AdGen Telecom
- Patti Dominach, Pario Solutions
- Rick Vergin, Mosaic Telecom
- Howard Sears, Alcatel-Lucent
- Darren Dierbeck, Vantage Point Solutions
- Cami Zimmer, NewCore Wireless
Each year, the Nominating Committee issues a call for nominations for vacancies on the Board and associated committees and councils. The Nominating Committee reviews nominations and makes recommendations to the Board.
- Dave Dengel, Copper Valley Wireless
- Carl Turnley, KTC PACE
- George Woodward, AbhraNet
RTG’s specific-issue Councils are established by the Board. In contrast to the more generally focused standing committees, each Council serves as a narrowly focused information sharing and policy development forum for members interested in a specific technology, service, or issue. Councils may make recommendations to standing committees or to the Board regarding RTG’s involvement in such issues.
- Strategic Relationships
- Jeff Lawn, Copper Valley Wireless
- Mobile Devices
- Kevin Grass, Pine Belt – Council Chair
- Network Elements
- Content and Premium Services
- Towers and Siting
- Wireless Resellers
- Curtis Knobloch, Telispire